Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Opposition to hang gliding dream

It looks like this hang gliding adventure of mine is going to be a tough one to live down.
Both my spouse and mum are against the idea of flying at the moment, being from African origins, this is not surprising since it is not a good thing to temp fate and being strapped to nothing more that a simple hang glider frame and 'jumping' off a mountain as they see it, is taking too much risk.

I keep you updated with my hang glider training progresses and how the family is taking it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!!! Get used to it dude. My better half tolerates my flying (paragliders), but my mum just cringes whenever I mention it. Some things will never change!

Seriously though, I want to wish you all the very best of luck in your endevour - it will be a tough challenge to meet, especially in the time frame you have allowed. Doing you training abroad was definately a very wise decision. Don't get me wrong, the training here is first class, it's just the UK weather that's the problem... :o)

Cheers,
JT